Friday, August 12, 2011

I'm a Little Bit Crazy

Okay, maybe I'm a LOT crazy. But here's the thing...we're all a little bit crazy, I'm just talking about it and admitting it while the rest of y'all are hiding out, staying quiet and pretending you have no issues. ;)

No question that contest prep definitely brings out the OCD tendencies in me regarding food and exercise. It's why I have to be extremely careful in competing. It's also why I am only allowing myself to do ONE show this year. If I do more than one show it's no longer about "being my best" or enjoying the journey, it's more of me feeding my obsession.

So anyway, the other day I was walking into Albertson's and saw they had that Propel fitness water on sale on a display outside the store. I'm allowed to drink that occasionally, so I grabbed a couple bottles on my way inside the store. I was in a big hurry, so I didn't pay too much attention to what I was grabbing. I got home and chugged a bottle and then took off to the gym for my lift/cardio. After I got off the elliptical I noticed and empty bottle of Propel Zero in the trash can. Zero? Was mine zero? What if it wasn't? Oh my God! I might have drank some carbs that were not accounted for. Shit. I was in a rush to get back to my gym to teach a bootcamp. I was completely preoccupied the entire class..."was it a 'zero'? What if it wasn't? Shit! I totally screwed myself up!"

Meanwhile, my not-crazy-self, was watching this all unfold, thinking..."Jules, you are a FREEEAK! Get a grip, sister! You've got 6 1/2 weeks...settle down." I haven't decided if it's weird or good that while part of me is being a complete nut job there is a normal, sane me trying to get crazy Jules to simmer down. I kind of think we all do this kind of thing on some level or another. In fact, when I was telling a girlfriend this story, she admitted she had a similar experience related to salad dressing. I felt a little better knowing that I'm not the only one who gets a bit freaky OCD about stuff.

I got home and grabbed the empty Propel bottle out of the recycle bin. Sure enough...ZERO! Damn, I really am a freak!

No comments:

Post a Comment