Monday, May 30, 2011

Just Another Day In The Squat Rack

How about something fitness-related for a change? :)

This weekend I decided I was not going to set foot in my own gym for a change. I can't go there without getting sucked into one project or another and I vowed not to work this weekend for the first time in...oh I have no clue how long. I considered heading up to LA Fitness, but decided it was not worth the $15 for the one day pass (to avoid the aggressive sales pitch) and potentially unsatisfactory equipment. So, I ended up at good 'ole Gold's where I know the lay of the land. Haven't done a lift at Gold's since February when my equipment arrived at my gym. It was nice to have a change of scenery and the gym was practically empty being Memorial Day weekend....purrrrrrfect!

Alrighty so here's what my leg workout looked like yesterday (which is a bit different than what I've been doing since I took advantage of some of the pieces of equipment I don't have). I'm in "maintenance mode" for legs/glutes so my reps are high, weights ridiculously low.

Squats - Deeeeeep, ass almost touching the ground, driving up thru the heels to maximize glute activation.
Superset with Lying Leg Curls
4 x 15 - for both exercises

Single Leg Leg Press
4 x 15

Single Leg Leg Extension
4 x 15

And...something I normally am not caught dead doing...the abductor/adductor machines!!! 4 sets of 20 on each, going back to back, with no rests...just burning out.

My legs were toast and I am sore today, mostly in the quads. My quads were spasming last night - felt very weird! It was fun to throw in a couple of different things that I haven't been doing lately and that I likely won't do again for awhile. Changing it up is always a good thing! Nobody ever makes progress standing in one place!

No comments:

Post a Comment