Thursday, February 25, 2010

Yay for INCHES!!!

Most people are usually on a quest to LOSE inches off their bodies, however, if you're a physique athlete, odds are that you're constantly trying to ADD inches of lean mass to your physique.

I've been competing now for about a year and a half and when I started I was "skinny", lean and skinny. I've been working so hard to eat appropriately and train hard, lifting as heavy as possible so I can GROW GROW GROW!!! It's a long process and it takes time, patience and persistence. This afternoon I was at Christie Skelton's getting measured for my new suit - yes, Christie saves the day again just like she did for my first contest - and I have gained THREE inches in my lats and 1.5" in my BOOTAY! WOO HOO!!! All those "Build-A-Butt" workouts actually paid off! I am living proof.

Over the last 4 months I've made huge strides in my quest to gain lean mass. I think the fact that I wasn't under the intense emotional pressure that I've been under for the last several years and even moreso last spring and summer allowed my body to put all those good foods to good use and give me some muscle! I'm super pumped and can't wait to show off my new muscles on stage!

30 days to Vancouver!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment