Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Sticking with it

The last couple months have been really, really challenging. I keep wondering when it is going to start easier. When am I going to wake up and NOT be exhausted? I have realized that I cannot do this alone. I need help. There simply is more work in my life than one person can do alone - even superheros need a wingman! Time to start asking for help so I can stop feeling so overwhelmed by my daily life and what is required.

But the one thing that I keep doing everyday...I focus on that ONE day. Getting through one more day and having faith that I am one day closer to life getting easier. Sometimes I just want to cry, have a pity part and quit. But I can't do that. And so, right now, I am focusing on what is most important right now, for the next 8 1/2 weeks...my kids, my job, my competitions. That's all I have room for right now and accepting that some things are going to get "back-burnered" for awhile is a little challenging, but necessary.

Tomorrow is Thursday...I'm ready for some extra carbs! It's also my "Friday" at work and I'm fortunate to be training some great people tomorrow morning. It's also gymnastics day for my baby girls - it is so much fun to watch them enjoying learning a new skill and getting good at it so quickly. Tomorrow is FULL of good things!

"If I had to select one quality, one personal characteristic that I regard as being most highly correlated with success, whatever the field, I would pick the trait of persistence. Determination. The will to endure to the end, to get knocked down seventy times and get up off the floor saying. "Here comes number seventy-one!" Richard M. Devos

No comments:

Post a Comment