Thursday, January 28, 2010

Lovin' me some carbs!

Ahhhh, high carb day! It's not quite as glorious as I had hoped it would be, but it's been delightful, nonetheless. Lots of yummy oatmeal - my favorite!

Tomorrow reality hits - dropping it back down for 3 days and going lower than I have been the last few days. The weekend is perfect for low carb days as I typically only do cardio on Sat/Sun. My energy level has been pretty low this week due to lack of sleep from the dreadful night sweats. As a result, my workouts yesterday and today weren't as strong as I had hoped.

Okay, so I have to share my 2 cents on the FST-7 arms workout I did yesterday. Not a fan. Nope, not so much. It was "okay" and the 7 sets of 12 with 30 second rests at the end was pretty intense and gave me a pretty good pump, but I think I'm going to go back to the set/rep scheme I've been doing. 5 sets of 8-12 reps, 3 exercises for each biceps and triceps. If it ain't broke, don't fix it, right? I will do the back workout again...not sold on the chest or the shoulder workout either. Can't say I'm a huge fan of shrugs which is probably why I'm not jumping on the bandwagon to do 7 sets of them.


No comments:

Post a Comment