Thursday, December 31, 2009

2009: Year In Review

Big year for this girl!!

I think a lot of times we focus on what we didn't do in a given year rather than celebrating the successes we did have. I don't make New Year's Resolutions. I set redefine my goals and consider setting new ones. I do that all year long though. Tomorrow I will blog about some of the things I'm putting on my "to-do" list for the upcoming year, but for tonight, I'm just focusing on celebrating 2009!

It's certainly been a far from perfect year and, oh boy, has it had its challenges. Bigger challenges than I think I ever imagined. If you told me a year ago that I would be sitting here, a single mother, about to finalize my divorce, I would never have believed it. Though my friend Cindy was certain it would happen sooner than I thought. I think she could see that I was so close to my breaking point. I didn't think I would find the strength to do it...to leave. And I did!! Leaving was the hardest thing I've ever done and I've second guessed myself more times than I can count. But I sit here today and I know, deep in my soul, that getting out of my marriage was absolutely, beyond the shadow of a doubt, the right thing to do.

And a few more things I'm celebrating tonight...

  • My PTS sweatshirt
  • 3 NPC competitions (top 5 in 2 of them)
  • A job doing what I LOVE
  • Bodybuilding.com Transformation of the Week
  • Got my real estate license
  • Happy Kids!!!
  • Meeting some amazing people who have forever changed my life
I'm ready to say goodbye to 2009. I'm ready for whatever the future holds...I am ready to MAKE IT HAPPEN.

Muhammed Ali

No comments:

Post a Comment