Friday, January 1, 2010

2010: Make it AMAZING!!!

Well, here it is, January 1st. I gotta say, I find the whole resolution thing a bit annoying. How many people do you know who are still resolving to lose the same 5 pounds they resolved back in 1999? It's not the "resolution" itself that I find annoying, it's the lack of resolve, the lack of commitment, dedication, drive, etc, etc that are annoying to me. I think people like me who are almost compulsively driven are not blessed with so much patience for those who aren't. In the minds of people like me we see it as a choice and you only have to choices: 1) you choose to make it happen or 2) you choose not to make it happen. What are you going to CHOOSE to make happen in 2010? You have the power to create the life that YOU want.

Okay, stepping off my resolution soapbox now! :)

2010 - this girl has a LOT on the list!! I have never felt so good stepping into a new year. I am so ready to look forward and walk through new doors that are going to open for me this year. I finally finished reading the book, The Secret. If you aren't familiar with it, it's all about using the Law of Attraction - a fabulous book, I highly recommend it. My favorite quote from the book is from Joseph Campbell and it's going to be my theme quote for this new year:

"When you follow your bliss...doors will open for you where you would not have thought there would be doors; and where there wouldn't be a door for anyone else."

It's pretty obvious that fitness is my "bliss". Aside from my children, it is my greatest passion in life. No surprise that several of my goals are based around that passion. I've blogged about it before, but it's been a while and I'm still trying to really define this, but I want to use my passion and knowledge for fitness to reach out and touch other lives beyond just personal training. As you all know, my training has been emotionally life saving for me. The road that led me to competition put me in touch with the people and the training that helped me find the strength and power inside of myself to stand up for myself in life. My biggest dream for 2010 is to find a way to reach other people who need to find their inner "superhero" and help them in the same ways that people have helped me over the last year.

I've received several emails from people who read my story on bodybuilding.com and that's just the beginning. I want to get my story out through as many avenues as I possibly can so I can reach as many people as I can.

I've also decided that I cannot commit with 100% certainty to doing all NPC shows in Washington state for 2010. I am 100% committed to Vancouver and Emerald Cup and 99% to Ironman (because it's Elaine's show). I have to give first priority to my kids and with all the doors that are going to be opening this year it could get very busy for me!!! :) We are 12 weeks out from the Vancouver show as of tomorrow and I've got my game face on and ready to hit it!! I feel great going into this because I know what I need to do to get the job done so now it's just a matter of making it happen. Putting in the work with the training and being disciplined with my diet. I am committed to making my best appearance on stage this March!

A big personal goal of mine that is not fitness related is financial independence. I've got some weird mental issues surrounding finances that I need to figure out. When I was a single mom with Natalie I had no money starting out. Then after a few years I had a better job that paid more and afforded me and Natalie some of the "fun" things in life. But I was used to being without money, so instead of paying cash, I saved my cash and used credit cards. Bad idea. Then when I got married to a CPA I let him handle all of the money. Heck, I couldn't even spend $2 at QFC without having to account for it. My ex was very controlling with money, so that led to more money issues. But done with that! The time has come for me to figure it out, get a grip and be financially responsible and have some financial security. I owe it to myself and I owe it to my kids.

Also on my list...I'm looking forward to finalizing my divorce this month. Come hell or high water, this is the month it will be final. I've got some big decisions to make in the next few days that are weighing heavy on my heart. I am anxious to make the decisions and move on with life! I will follow my heart and know that what I decide will be the right thing.

This is going to be a FABULOUS year, filled with new opportunities!

What are you going to do to make 2010 AMAZING for YOU?


No comments:

Post a Comment