Tuesday, November 10, 2009

I Have a Stepmill in my "Office"

How cool is that? And when I take breaks, I can hop on the stepmill. The guys at work think it's pretty funny. They're getting me a weighted vest so I can train for the WAMU Climb for CF. They want me to win my class...well, heck, if I can't win a figure competition maybe I could haul ass up some stairs and come in first. At least there's no subjectivity, you're either the first one to the top or you're not.

I put away 40 minutes between clients this morning. Having a hard time backing off my cardio. But really, I don't want to. And now that I work with 12 dudes that thrive on "cardio challenges", I don't think that's going to happen anyway. Tonight at the gym I focused on legs. I incorporated some cardio intervals, but I went pretty hard on the legs considering it's the week after the competition. Here's what I did (this is for you, Shaney!):

Squats 10x10 (95lbs) superset with Bentover Rear Delt Flies 10x10(15lbs)
RDLs (110lbs) 4 x 10 superset with 1 minute cardio intervals
Single Leg Leg Press (90lbs) 4x10 superset with Walking Lunges (25lb dumbells)
Unilateral Lying Leg Curl 3x10
Finished off with some ab training and then 35 minutes of cardio

I was totally in the zone tonight and it felt good to push hard. Although, I hate the couple weeks after a show when my strength sucks from being depleted. But, it's only temporary and I intend to be lifting stronger than ever here in the next few weeks!! I am still trying to find my way out of the "post competition haze". It seems that after each show there is a mountain in my life that needs moving, so I'm preparing myself mentally for what's ahead...finalize divorce, kick ass at work, take certification exam. It makes me tired just thinking about it! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment