Sunday, November 1, 2009

The Home Stretch - Competition Week!!

It's Sunday...competition week officially begins TODAY!!! I am so excited to get up there on stage and do this already and anxious to be done. My plate is overflowing right now, so getting this big thing off of it will feel really good and allow me to focus on some areas on my life that I have neglected...by choice, I might add. This competition was very important for me to do and I chose to do it knowing that some things were going to have to take a backseat for a few weeks. Emotionally and psychologically, I needed to do this show.

Without making too big of a deal out of the "why", I'll just say this: sometimes when you feel like everything in your life is falling apart or that there is nothing you can succeed at, you have to focus on that one thing that makes you feel successful, purposeful and whole. Competing is the one thing in my life right now that makes me feel that way and channeling my energy towards this competition and in a positive direction has been a very healing process for me. I have no regrets. I made my choices and stand by them. And for that reason, I fully intend to KICK ASS!!!! :) Got to make it all worth it!

So, how am I feeling? Tired. Really tired. Sounds like a broken record? Sorry. My body is tired and now I have that feeling where I could sleep anywhere, anytime. Kind of like a baby. Just close my eyes and I'd be out.

I like the way I look. Bicep implants would be cool, but it ain't gonna happen. Don't like my stringy arms at all, so they will definitely be the focus of my off season training. My training is going to be hard core and crazy this week, but I am looking forward to it. The changes that happen in this last week are nothing short of incredible. It truly is a science experiment on your own body. It's quite fascinating. Everything is falling into place. Just got to hold on for a few more days....I can see the finish line...

No comments:

Post a Comment