Sunday, October 11, 2009

Inspiration & Motivation

After I knocked out 75 minutes on the stepmill this morning I headed down to Renton (with Brenden, Heather & Hannah in tow) to meet up with Dave for a weekly physique assessment and review any dietary changes. Oh yeah, and just cause it's fun to see my friend. ;)

I was a little nervous that Dave was going to take a look at me, shake his head, frown and scratch his chin and tell me I hadn't changed since he last saw me. But, to my delight, he had lots of positive feedback for me. Dave's positive feedback is always very motivating for me. It makes me want to push harder and be better.

Sometimes it's easy for me to sit back and think that because of my situation I have an excuse to maybe not push as hard or not be as dialed in with my diet as the next person. But, that's really not the kind of person I am deep down. I push hard in SPITE of my situation. I drive harder because I want people who make excuses to look at me and my situation and realize that they have NO excuse. I drive hard BECAUSE I'm a single mom with 4 kids, a job and trying to finish a certification, keep my house clean, the laundry done, 5 people fed several times a day. If I can do it...ANYONE can do it.

So, this week I will continue with my mass building arm workouts to see if I can keep this little arms growing for the next few weeks. I will train hard and heavy and with as much intensity as I can muster (which, in case you're wondering, is usually a LOT!). I am excited to see the changes in my physique over the next week and mostly, I am excited at the end of 4 weeks to compare my physique to the one I presented at this same show last year. I know I've come a long way!

No comments:

Post a Comment