Thursday, August 6, 2009

I Ain't Just Showin' Up!!!!




FEAR ME!!!!! :)

Alrighty, back to that 'tiara' (or as some would call it, 'terra')...

For the last few weeks I've been telling everyone, mostly myself: "My goal is just to get on the stage. I really don't care how I place, I just want to get up there. That will be a victory in itself." BS! I know myself better than that. I can't just show up and I won't just "show up". I will either give it all 100% (because as my coach says, there is no 110%, it's just not possible) that I have to give it or I won't do it. And I really, really want to do this.

I have an amazing team of supporters. The best coach in the whole world who is going to make sure I get on stage looking as good as I possibly can, even if he doesn't accept EBT cards. ;) And I've gotten my gym buddy on board to motivate me and push me when I really don't have it in me. Then, of course, there's my friends who will cheer me on the whole way and there will be Kristie backstage to tie my suit and give me pep talks. I really can't let Kristie down, she would be bummed to miss an opportunity to sneak backstage (although, rumor has it, she's going to be "official" this time).

So, there you have it folks, I am going to be on stage on October 3rd at the Washington Ironman and I will be there to WIN!!!!

My request of you is to remind me on the days I'm feeling low and sad and "woe is me" that you remind me that I don't just show up - I'm doing this to win - for me.

1 comment:

  1. I have NO doubt in my mind that you will take the terra, er, tiara home with you that day!

    You are a fighter, plain and simple.

    No bullshit excuses...just get it done, babe! :)

    ReplyDelete