Friday, June 26, 2009

I Woke Up Fat

I keep my cell phone on my bed frame because it also serves as my alarm clock. If I'm not fully asleep, the little *ding* of a new text message will wake me. A little after 10pm last night I hear the little *ding* and I grab the phone to see a text from Facebook..."David Patterson has sent you a message." I can never resist the urge to read a message from "the Guru" even if I had been sleeping.

" I read your blog this morning...time to put aside the alcohol and chocolate cake "

Damn! Why do I put this stuff in my blog??!! BUSTED! :)

Obviously that's not all he had to say and I went to bed thinking about the work ahead of me. It's not that bad, but it definitely brought me back into the reality that, in the last 2-3 weeks, I've packed on a little layer of body fat that needs to go. It's amazing how quickly the body will add body fat and how damn hard it is to work it back off. So, I'm getting the diet dialed back in. Back on the carb cycling, per Dave's instructions. Lowering my fat intake...ie: buh-bye peanut butter. I'm going to really clean up the diet, put my veggie strike aside and start eating my loads of broccoli and asparagus every day. Ramp up the cardio just a little and make sure my training intensity in the gym is where it needs to be.

I'm having a hard time getting mentally geared up for "contest prep mode". I don't know why. When I think about logging and weighing all my food...I'm just not feeling ready for that again yet. But I know I need to get my head in the game and refocus and I think it will help me with other aspects of my life right now and help me get organized and focused at home on work and my kids. I just need to do a little mental preparation to get back in competition mode.

No comments:

Post a Comment