Saturday, April 25, 2009

Mmmmmm, Cheat Meal



Mmmm Hmmmm, you got it, PIZZA!!!! A little Papa Murphy's DeLite Hawaiian...my favorite!!! I darn near killed a whole large pizza, but those things are pretty easy to do that with because, let's face it, there's hardly any crust. Not to worry, I am heading to the gym first thing this morning for some cardio action.

Finished my first week with the new split. I'm supposed to be just taking it easy and I am. I don't think I could go hard if I tried. The weights feel really heavy to me right now. I picked up a 45lb plate the other day and I swear it felt like 90. That sucks. :( I could hardly do my walking lunges with 20lb dumbells. I usually do 40's. Again, that sucked. And on my pull ups I could only get 4. I deserve it, I put my body thru hell and now it is taking away the very thing I love the most...my strength. I think I'm going to have to start lifting at 5am when no one is around to see how weak I've become. Just kidding...my ego is bad, but it's not that bad.

I've become addicted to protein pancakes. I love them them. Topped with a little sugar free maple syrup and YUM!!!! So, here's a couple versions that I make in case you're looking for a little clean pancake action for yourself:

1/4 cup (or 1/3 works too, depends on how many carbs I need at the given meal) oats

6 egg whites (or 4 servings of liquid egg whites)

cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, 1Tb Captri (cooks fine without)

Add ins: protein powder (BSN Lean Dessert tastes really good!!!), FF Cottage Cheese, Peanut Butter

Mix all the ingredients and pour on skillet and cook like a pancake, flip to cook other side and ENJOY!!!

I am eating these all day long. I know I'll get sick of it sooner or later, so I'm allowing myself to eat them as much as I want right now. I'm also experimenting with new protein bar recipes. I made one this week with peanut butter but it turned out a)too dry and b) not very tasty. I may just go back to Jon's recipe since I know it works. But I would LOVE a chocolate bar recipe...anyone????

No comments:

Post a Comment