Sunday, March 1, 2009

Feeling the Pain

One week into carb cycling. It's official: I hate low carb!!!! Low-Carb-Julie is just useless for just about everything. By the third day of my low cycle I am really toast. No energy. Little brain function. I am quite forgetful and just plain lethargic. It doesn't help that I pretty much live at the gym right now and am supposed to kick my ass with cardio every morning and then lift hard at night.

Speaking of training: losing my strength sucks. It's been so fun to eat lots of carbs and have strong lifts in the gym. I could barely squat 115lbs last Monday. It was really stupid. Yes, it was stupid. And poor Jon, he just kept looking at me like he was the only sober guy at the party and everything I was saying and doing was straight up crazy.

I'm heading to Tacoma tomorrow to see Dave for a little "look-see". I am excited and nervous. I think I am behind the "power curve" and I am a little afraid of the changes that he will make to get me caught up or ahead. One thing I can guarantee you: I will absolutely NOT show up on competition day saying, "If only I had done 'this' or 'that' I would be ready today." I will be as ready as I can be. I will do everything Dave tells me I need to do to get there. If I have to kill myself while doing it, so be it!

I got my suit this week. And oh boy, it kicks some serious ass!!! I'll post some pictures of it on my Facebook at some point, but trying to keep it a little bit secret. I will tell you this: it is BLINGED out to the max and it's very HOT!!! I bought some earrings yesterday at the Rack to go with it. Now I just need to find a blingy bracelet and I'll be all set.

No comments:

Post a Comment