Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Cardio & Calories

Lots of 'em!

My new plan is kinda grueling, even for me. Since I'm a little fatty I'm now on prescribed cardio 60 minutes every morning, every, single, bloody day of the week. And it would "be a good idea" to tack on 15 minutes to the end of my lifting sessions. Read: Do 15 minutes after lift, it's not really optional.

My new diet, well, I guess I'd have to say, compared to what most competitors are eating I'm probably livin' the good life with all my food. I think I'm back up to 2600 calories/day. The idea is to crank up the cardio without cutting the calories. Hey, I'm all over that! So, my current training schedule looks like this:

Sunday: Arms/Cardio
Monday: 5am hour 'o cardio, lift later in the morning or early evening
Tuesday: 1 hour spin
Wednesday: 5am cardio, PM lift
Thursday: 1 hour spin, PM lift
Friday: 5am cardio, later morning lift
Saturday: 1 hour spin

Sheesh...enough cardio already!!! I have to admit, it's pretty darn boring, even for this recovering cardio queen. I've got my iPod loaded with stuff, but still. And let me tell you, at 5am, there is no one to people watch. It's quite boring, actually. Oh yes, and a note on gym etiquette: there is absolutely NO reason to take a bath in perfume before coming to the gym at 6am. No one is there to care. It's a gym, you're supposed to stink. Soap and deoderant are sufficient. Save the perfume for AFTER your workout/shower. End rant.

So, I'm hungry. Really, really hungry. I contacted Dave about it yesterday and he added a little more carbs to one of my afternoon meals and added some almonds to meals 1-3. Today is my first day with the tweaked diet, so we'll see how it goes. Honestly, I just really want a big piece of carrot cake smothered in cream cheese frosting. Is that too much to ask?

I am in dire need of a cheat meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment