Saturday, January 31, 2009

Gettin' Shredded!


Check it out...my abs are really starting to "pop"! Haha...okay, they're not mine...obviously. This picture has served this week as my inspiration to endure serving after serving of broccoli and tilapia/chicken. If only...
Today is the 8 week mark. The last week has been rough, to say the least. Not only has my motivation been seriously lacking this week but I've had many moments of "I just can't do this right now." I'm hungry. I want to eat. I'm tired. My kids are a huge challenge right now. I've had multiple mental breakdowns this week and I just have to wonder if this is a bad time for me to compete. I know I'm in the dumps when the thought of my competition does nothing to motivate me. Thinking of the other girls sticking strictly to their diet of fiberous veggies and lean protein doesn't make me want a cookie or big ass piece of pizza any less.
And my weight hasn't dropped. Not a bit. Nothin'! JB did another body comp on Wednesday night and the good news is that my body fat came down significantly this last week, so it's possible that since I am still new to the sport my body is holding onto the muscle/building muscle while dropping fat. That would obviously be ideal. I'm also not going to lie: watching the carbs slowly (or not so slowly) fade away from my diet scares the crap out of me. I like carbs and I need carbs. I am not fun to be around when I am low-carbing. So, JB and I talked about my diet and are going to try carb cycling for me and see if it works. I'll do 4 low and 1 high. I will live for that high day. I can make it thru the low days as long as there is something on the horizon for me to look forward to...like a big ass bowl of oats on the morning of day 5. :) Cardio is up to 6 days a week now and I'm cleared for 60 full minutes of RPM class. Okay, now I'm going to admit something I never thought I would...today when my bike hit 45 minutes I really, really wanted to get off. I was done. Toast. I think this cardio junkie may actually be recovering from the addiction.
After a really rough week, I am thrilled to say I woke up this morning, looked in the mirror and saw a leaner me. And I am down 2 pounds to boot. Yep, I know it's water and I don't care. Don't try to burst my bubble!! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment