Saturday, August 9, 2008

Ashley, "The Grim Reaper"

It's official, Ashley is the Grim Reaper of my diet. Yesterday she took away my dairy. Granted, that amounts to all of 1/2 cup of milk in my oats and 1/2 cup of cottage cheese. So nothing seriously substantial, but this diet feels so restrictive as it is and I am so fatigued that having another thing taken away really kinda sucks. But I am keeping my eyes on the PRIZE!!!

Worked chest very hard last night and killed my hamstrings. It was great! I am taking a much needed rest day today and am not even going to set foot in the gym. My body is pretty sore from a hard week in the gym, so I know the rest will do me good.

I have to admit, I've never really believed in that whole 80/20 rule where they say that your physique is 80% diet. Now that I am eating 5-7 meals a day and doing less cardio than I've ever done and am losing body fat and leaning out as I am, well, let's just say...I'm a BELIEVER!! It's really quite amazing to watch the drastic changes that are happening so rapidly. Even just in the past few days I feel like I've put on some muscle mass and leaned out even more in my abs and quads. There is definitely a lot of truth in that concept about eating more to fuel your metabolism. I just wish it didn't take me so long to figure it out.

Now, my biggest trick is working with Ashley to figure out how to properly time my complex carb intake to fuel my workouts because last night I felt like I had zero energy and I'm pretty sure it was the lack in carbs.

1 comment:

  1. Have I told you how proud I am of you!!!??? You're doing great and regardless of the outcome, you feel accomplished (I can tell1) and confident(this was always the case)!

    Way to go!!! Keep it up andI need progress pics!!!
    (you've inspired me to start working out and dieting again..although NOTHING compared to yours!)

    ReplyDelete