Thursday, August 7, 2008

Reminiscent of the Newborn Days

As I was heating up meal #4 this afternoon I had a deja vu moment of life with newborn babies. This whole eating every 2-3 hours business is crazy! Seriously, it's like a full time job. I don't know how people with full time jobs (outside the home) are able to compete. This is taking all the mental and physical energy I have. Fortunately, household maintenance chores, such as laundry, do not require a lot of brain power. :)

I'm fighting a head cold right now and it is really sucking the energy out of me. Last night I was so exhausted after my workout that I could only complete 21 minutes on the eliptical machine (I know, I know, music to some ears!). I went to bed at 8:30, as soon as I tucked Brenden in and had Brett blend my shake and wake me up to drink it at 9:30 and then I was hard and fast asleep as soon as I finished.

The diet is okay this week. Although, I would give anything for something with more flavor than Mrs. Dash. She's growing old...and fast!!! I did have a "cheat meal" on Tuesday night, ground turkey taco salad, and the seasoning for the meat was enough to bloat me so much that it makes Mrs. Dash a little more appealing. I started supplementing with creatine and l-glutamine yesterday. The plan is to cycle off the creatine when I am 4 weeks out from competition.

No comments:

Post a Comment