Saturday, August 20, 2011

WA Ironman - 5 Weeks Out!!!

It's hard to believe that the Ironman is a mere 35 days away! The last 9 weeks have flown by and I know the next 5 will fly by just as fast if not faster. My kids start school in 10 days which is going to make for a crazy couple of weeks on the home front. The last 3 weeks have been a bit crazy for our family schedule-wise and it was stressful for me trying to figure out how I would get all my training in, while still meeting all my other obligations. I felt like yesterday I could finally exhale, feeling like I got through the craziest time of contest prep.

My diet is tight. I haven't had a cheat meal or a drink of alcohol since Father's Day - tomorrow makes it a solid 9 weeks. I don't really have the desire to cheat per se, but my body is definitely craving carbs and my hunger level can be through the roof sometimes. Some days my body is so tired that standing seems to be a chore...not acceptable when your job requires you to be on your feet and active all day. It's definitely a mental game at this point. Mind over matter. This is the point when I tap into the "bigger than this" things in my life. I carried twins to term during the hottest July on record in the Pacific Northwest. One of my twins was pulled from my body by her feet. Hell, if I can do that, I can surely suffer through another 5 weeks of low carbs and 2-a-day cardio. Piece of cake!

I dropped another 5 pounds this past week. Feeling crappy but looking right on track. Sorry to say, the progress pics are a thing of the past now. If you want to see the finished "remodel" you'll have to come out to the Ironman on September 24th. Or wait until afterwards for the pictures. My suit also came in this week. A few of my clients helped me pick it out and I am totally in love with it. I have sent it on with a dear friend who is going to bling it out. It will definitely go perfect with my TIARA!! :)

Blogs are boring without photos, so here's a flashback to the Vancouver Natural in March 2009 - me and Dave backstage...


No comments:

Post a Comment