Sunday, July 10, 2011

11 Weeks Out - A Family Affair

I'm pleased to report that I've got yet another week under my belt with not a workout missed, no diversions from my nutrition plan and...a 6lb weight loss in just two weeks! That's what you call...WORKIN' THE PLAN!!!

This last week had its challenges with getting in all my scheduled workouts with the holiday weekend. It made childcare a bit of a task, but I managed to get every cardio session and every lift in! The beauty of having my own gym is...having a key to the place! On 4th of July I took my 3 youngest kiddos to my gym with me at 7am while I busted out my 50 minutes on the stepmill. They had their own fun on the treadmills and running around in the empty parking lots outside (Woodinville was a ghost town at 7am on the holiday). I bribed them with 4th of July donuts from Top Foods...hey, they're kids, they can eat donuts! Contest prep is definitely a time when I've got to have my kiddos on board with me. So far, they are cool with it. They love to hang out at "our gym"...or rather, they love to tear up the place. *sigh*

I have yet to crave a cheat meal or a glass of wine even. Although it does feel like I should have an Appleton and diet in my hand on these warm summer nights when I'm hanging out in the back yard. I haven't heard there's a shortage of rum, so I think it's safe to say that there will be plenty for the drinkin' in 11 weeks.

Over the last two weeks there have been a couple of instances where I've had to deal with situations that have tested my determination, my focus and my will to do this competition. I feel strongly that this is what I want to do and this is what I'm meant to do. And so...I will stay focused. I will stay on course. I will continue to follow my plan to the letter. I can see the prize and I want it...I want it bad!

Excuse the yucky progress photos. This is nasty, dirty, cardio hair, no makeup...Saturday morning yuck!







No comments:

Post a Comment