Tuesday, September 14, 2010

My 2nd "Date" with The Iron

I did my second total body workout yesterday. One exercise for each body part, 2 sets of 15 reps. Light weight...I'm talking benching the bar, squatting the bar, lateral raises with 7.5lb dumbells. And the saddest part was that my muscles were burning by the time I got to the end of each set. It's very challenging, mentally, to ease into this. My mind so desperately wants to charge full speed ahead and I just know that will be the worst thing I could do at this point. 

My quads and glutes are sore today. It's very sad that 2 sets of 15 reps squatting the bar could make me so sore. But, I do love feeling sore again I just wish it was because I actually squatted some real weight. I know it will all come back and hopefully with me training right and resting well I'll be able to come back stronger than before!

Yesterday's workout made me hungry again today. I've been snacking on Parrillo Contest Cookies between meals. I'm a little tired today and I'm not sure why: I got a full night's sleep and even got to sleep in until 6:30 as I had no early clients today. I'm jonesing for coffee in a bad way, but I'm going to sneak in a 30 minute power nap instead. After tomorrow's total body workout I'll be able to ramp it up a little bit on Friday. Only 3 more weeks til I get back to my body part split...I'm so excited!! It's like counting down to Christmas!!

And I will admit...I'm really enjoying NOT doing so much cardio!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment