Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Recovered!!

I was contacted by a blog reader this morning informing me that said..."I'm tired of looking at your babies. Write something new!!!" Okay, maybe I exaggerate a little...


Since I don't have anything amazing or inspiring to write about I figured I'd write a little update on my EC recovery process. Oh wait...it IS kind of amazing!!! :) I've lost 12lbs in 2 weeks!!! I guess I can't say that isn't amazing because it is and long awaited!! What's changed? Not entirely sure. My training is back to the way it was about a year ago with my body part split, heavy and intense. Kicking out 1 hour of cardio most mornings and a little more in the afternoon after my lift. I've got my carb cycle on a 3 low, 1 high...it's rock solid! I really think that my body is just finally settling back into its normal pattern and therefore releasing water and body fat. I'm actually fitting into clothes that haven't fit me since last winter, clothes that were tight before EC.

I'm finally in a place where I'm not feeling like I'm still in recovery mode. I feel like I can finally say I'm completely back to normal. I'm no longer obsessing over my diet and my training. I'm just doing what I know works for my body and trusting the process...and it's working! The beauty in finding out what works for your body is that you can keep coming back to it time and again and [usually] it's going to work. I'm very fortunate to have been blessed with an amazingly resilient body that has allowed me to treat it badly and still does what it needs to do. What I went through these last few months definitely taught me a hard lesson that I needed to learn. A lesson that I could only learn by doing, unfortunately. I will never again disrespect my body in the way that I did. I will never again use training as a way to punish myself.

I am enjoying my training and even enjoying my cardio. I am especially enjoying my high carb days (which today happens to be!)...oats oats oats...with CapTri and Torani Sugar Free Caramel Syrup!!! YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment