Thursday, August 26, 2010

"Don't Hide It, Write It"

I stumbled upon this fantastic article about journaling this morning. If you've been reading my blog for any length of time or have looked back through my archives, you know that my blogging has been my way of processing life's challenges. The writing I did last summer and fall as I was in the thick of my divorce is what kept me from completely losing my mind. I needed to write about it so I didn't bottle it up inside. Many people asked me if I really felt like I should be sharing so much personal information...and to that I say...why not? People will make up their own stories about me and my truth is far less dramatic as any rumors people might create. I'm not afraid of my truth and hopefully because of that, my sharing what I've gone through has helped someone else dealing with a similar situation.

I'm lucky, I love to write. I have always journaled since I was very young. Even if you think you "can't" write, you can...it doesn't have to be perfect, it doesn't have to be grammatically correct. Just write.

http://www.healyourlife.com/author-deborah-king/2010/08/wisdom/personal-growth/dont-hide-it-write-it&utm_id=HYLFB

1 comment:

  1. Love this post! I'm inspired to blog more and even a bit more personal, even if I suck at grammer!

    ReplyDelete