Thursday, May 6, 2010

Rebound Hell!!

I'm done kicking myself for being so "not smart" (not going to say the "s" word) in the weeks between Vancouver and Emerald Cup. Chalking it up as another science experiment. This time it's an experiment gone wrong...very, very wrong.

I will never again mess around with a protein/fat/zero carb diet. I will also never manipulate my water in the way that I did. I know what works, so why I messed with it, I don't really know. Desperation, I guess. It's kind of like teenagers...your parents can tell you that if you do "x", the result will be "y", but until you actually try it for yourself you don't quite believe.

My body is holding massive amounts of fluid and it's extremely uncomfortable. I have been eating really clean, but you wouldn't know that by looking at me. I look like I totally fell off the wagon. I started water loading yesterday...to the tune of 2 gallons a day. I'm part-way into my second gallon today and it's just after 9am. The idea is to overload the body with water to encourage it to flush out the fluids it's holding.

The moral of the story is: you can't go from a protein/fat diet back to eating carbs without SLOWLY phasing them in. You also should expect that if you drop 19lbs of water weight in one week's time that you will gain all of it back and probably a little more. And a combination of these two is just disastrous!! But I have faith in my body that it will figure this out and settle back in VERY soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment