Sunday, May 23, 2010

"F" Words

If you've been following my blog for awhile, you've probably noticed that I have a thing for "f" words. It never really occurred to me until recently that "f" is the leader of so many powerful words that drive me and inspire me. I decided to compile a list of some of my favorite and most frequently used "f" words and why I like them. Feel free to use my Power Words if they can help to inspire you in your life too!

It would be silly to lead my list off with any word BUT...

FEARLESS...so, being fearless does not mean you have no fear. Simply put, it means that you "feel the fear and do it anyway." We all face challenges and decisions every day that are scary. To be fearless, you acknowledge the fear and realize that in order to get to where you want in life you have DO IT anyway.

FIERCE...I love fierce!!! Fierce is daring and bold...there's really not a whole lot to say about this one...I mean, who doesn't want to be daring and bold? I have a Nike t-shirt that says "FIERCE" on the front and on the back it says: "I am what you want to be." When I'm feeling particularly sassy, I wear this to the gym.

FEROCIOUS...a new favorite of mine...urbandictionary.com defines ferocious as: "to be a sexy beast, to be fiercely sexy." Okay, really...what's not to like? ;)

FOCUS...In order to accomplish any goal in life, you gotta have focus, so naturally, it has to be on my list of favorite "f" words as I am always setting goals and keeping my sights focused on those goals and what's important in life. Focus is also extremely important to me during my workouts. I love it when I can be 100% focused on my workout and the task at hand, when the only thoughts in my head are feeling that working muscle, visualizing how I want it to look and finishing my set with a series of perfect reps.

FIGHT...If you have big goals and big dreams, you gotta have some fight in ya! Big goals can be daunting sometimes so you have to be willing to fight the fight to make it happen and to get what you want. I love the song "Fighter" and I have it on my ipod. It frequently makes my playlist as I get close to competition and need that extra push through my cardio.

FREEDOM...it's hard to be me and not like the word freedom. For the first time in my entire life, I actually feel free to be me!! It's an amazing feeling that I can't quite describe. It's light, but it's powerful at the same time...free from other people's expectations of what I should be and do...free from my own preconceived ideas of what I should do and be....or at least working on it.

FORGIVENESS...it's hard to feel the feeling of freedom without the ability to forgive. I have found an incredible sense of freedom in forgiveness. Holding onto things doesn't hurt anyone but yourself. The act of letting go and moving on, forgiving, is so powerful and so freeing.

FRIENDS...ah, where would I be without my amazing, incredible friends?! Friends are the family we get to choose. I am so lucky to have friends who give me strength and empower me to be all that I want to be. Friends who lift me up and carry me when I fall. God knows I've fallen a lot over the course of my life, but where is the learning and growth if we don't make mistakes...more importantly, admit to our mistakes and share those experiences with other people. I love my friends FIERCELY!!!

FAITH...well, how are you going to accomplish all of the above if you have no faith? "Faith is the knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof." ~Kahlil Gibran


I actually have several more "f" words that I l-o-v-e love, but that would make for a really long post. I'll do a "f" words Part II another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment