Monday, April 26, 2010

My Poor Body

I can't do it...that protein/fat thing, I just can't do it. I really love oats...and sweet potatoes and sometimes that wild rice blend from Trader Joes. It works for me, that whole carb-thing, I just need to find a way to transition my body back to what works for me without causing a total revolt and complete digestive discomfort. I started today with 2 servings of oats, 1/2 cup each. So far, so good, but it will take about 4 days to tell. My body definitely likes the protein/fat diet, but my head, not so much.

The crappy part about dropping 19lbs of water weight in one week is that now my body is holding onto everything, sucking up everything I put in my mouth. While I'm no longer totally bloated and retaining water, I'm still finding that my body is ultra-sensitive to everything I eat. The stupid shit we do to ourselves all for the sake of competition. It's stupid, but I can almost guarantee you that at some point I will do it to myself again.

Okay, the new workout is pretty cool, although it is weird for me not to be doing a hypertrophy training program. It's the Summer Shred program that was featured on bodybuilding.com. It's great because it's intense, it's quick and I can get in and out of the gym in record time. LOVE that!

Here's tonight's workout...22 minutes...sort of made me feel like I was somehow cheating or didn't work hard enough, but I was sweatin' good!! (strict 20 seconds rest between all sets)

Bent-over Barbell Rows: 95lbs x 8 x 8
Barbell Squats: 135lbs x 8 x 8
RDLs: 115lbs x 8 x 8
Seated Calf Raises 90lbs x 8 x 8

Finished that off with 30 minutes on the stepmill. Haven't done the stepmill in weeks and it felt like the freakin' TORTURE chamber! It was awful, but I was sweatin' buckets. Topped that off with 15 minutes on the Precor...in and out of the gym in just over an hour...NICE!!

No comments:

Post a Comment