Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Training Notes: Back day

It was one of those workouts that didn't quite leave me feeling jacked up like I usually do...more like..."eh". I did 20+ sets for back and 12 for biceps. I'm not really feeling all that well today. I've got something strange going on in my intestines or something. My friend thinks it's my appendix, but I disagree. Anyway, I've got a nagging pain that is hindering my workouts and I don't like it! I'm sure it's nothing a little rest can't cure! ;)

I did something new tonight and I can't say that I liked it very much. Don't know if I will do it again. I supersetted back exercises. It was okay, but lacked the "wow factor". I really prefer to do the giant set on back day that Dave recommended to me last spring.

So, here's how it went:

Narrow Grip Pull Ups x 3
supersetted with Cable Cobras x 3

Lat Pull Down (wide grip) x 4
supersetted with Seated Cable Rows x 4

Hammer Strength High Row x 4
supersetted with Barbell Bent-over Rows x 4

I think it sucked because I'm exhausted from an early morning and then 7 clients back-to-back. My caloric intake might have been too low, but mostly I think I'm just really, really tired. So, it's 8pm - time to put the kids to bed and turn in myself. Tomorrow's a new day and I want to start it fresh and have lots of energy to do all the things I want and need to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment