Sunday, December 20, 2009

Time to get SERIOUS!!!

I just realized that this weekend is 14 weeks until the Vancouver show. That's not long. Plenty of time to cut, but not a long time to build lean mass. That can only mean one thing: It's time to get serious and it's time to real dial in my training and nutrition to put on as much lean mass in the next couple months that I can.

I haven't been slacking too much, but there are certainly days when I can say that I could have trained harder. There have been too many days when I failed to have my post workout shake and then failed to follow that up with a proper whole food meal. Gone are those days. Time to do what needs to be done to get the results I want.

It's good timing with the New Year right around the corner, although, let's get one thing straight: this is not a "New Year's Resolution", this is a goal and continuing on a way of life that I've chosen for myself. I'm not off track, but I do need to work harder to get the results I want for this spring.

I'm also considering a push to do all NPC shows in Washington state in the coming year. Dave says there are 8-10 shows, I could do that if I chose to. I'm not yet decided on this for sure, but by January 1 I will make the commitment, if that's the route I chose.

I know I've said it before: competing gives me focus to my training and training is very therapeutic for me. It's an outlet for my stress and it helps me direct my negative energy in a positive direction. Competing also makes me want to keep improving on myself both inside and out.

I am excited that we're only 14 weeks out. In competition-world, that's not a long time. There's a lot I want to accomplish between now and then to bring an even better physique to the stage this spring. I also know that 14 weeks from now I will be 14 weeks closer to "the light at the end of my tunnel", so it's a double bonus for me this time around. I'm not in this to distract myself from anything or anyone or any situation. This time, I'm in it for me and I'm in it to inspire others around me.

"You're not obligated to win. You're obligated to keep trying to do the best you can every day." Marian Wright Edelman

No comments:

Post a Comment