Saturday, September 5, 2009

Working Girl

Haha! So, big week around our house. I knew it was going to be busy and crazy, but what I didn't know was that our daily work schedule was going to get jacked around like it did. We ended up working 8 hour days...which is no big deal, except for when...

You're dealing with 4 kids and their different schedules
You're doing cardio at 4:45am and lifting at 9:00am and then doing cardio with your colleagues for 5 hours in the afternoon
You're overloaded with information and education because you're on a huge time crunch.

Yeah, all that adds up to some serious physical and mental and emotional exhaustion. HOWEVER (big however here) I am totally amped up about this job, this company and the team of trainers that I get to work with. The folks from DBG have put together an amazing, cool team of trainers and it is going to be a lot of hard work, but fun! I couldn't be happier about the opportunity I've been given and the new path that life is leading me down.

Now, enough about me...my boy started kindergarten this week. After being in full day preschool last year and being the smart kiddo that he is, he was more than ready. He loves his teacher, Mr. Berg. Although, he's not so keen on the 1/2 mile walk home with his big sister. That Starwars backpack starts to get awfully heavy. It's good to get the little guy workin' at a young age.

Natalie started 8th grade. Some stuff there that I just can't blog about or she'd really kill me. Let's just say it was a week of highs and lows with her. She seems happy with school and happy with her friends. But I'm feeling the stress of needing to keep a fairly close eye on her yet I can't because of work. I have threatened her: "If I find out you're taking advantage of me, I will kick you little ass!" You know, not physically, but I will take away everything that matters to her...the phone, internet, her Ugg boots, her Coach shoes...you know, the "important" things. Haha! I think my biggest parenting concern lies with Natalie right now - this is a hard age and a tough time for me to be working so much.

As for my little girls, they are doing really well. They love going to Crystal's everyday and they have been loving having a little time in the gym each morning with their Timerie and Miss Shelley. But next week will be full days at Crystal's with no gym. I think for the most part, they are adapting to the new schedule very well. They usually don't nap at Crystal's, which means they are complete basketcases at night...but they do sleep well.

Overall, the beginning of this new chapter has been wonderful. I can't complain. It won't always be this chaotic and crazy and we will get into a routine and a schedule and I think my kids and I will be a great team.

No comments:

Post a Comment