Sunday, August 23, 2009

My PTS Sweatshirt

Do you have something (a song, a picture, an article of clothing) that makes you feel strong, powerful, confident? Something that reminds you of who you really are and "where you come from?" I do.

My coach, Dave, gave me a PTS (Personal Training Systems) sweatshirt last March before I competed in the Vancouver show. Over the last year Dave has been a huge confidence builder for me and a wonderful friend. He always reminds me of how strong I am and of all the good things I deserve out of life. I think about Dave everytime I wear the sweatshirt.

I've found myself putting on the sweatshirt lately when I need to remember "where I come from". What do I mean by that? Well, "where I come from" are all the people in my life that are near and dear to my heart. The people who give me strength and lift me up and have helped me to believe in myself again. They are the people that enter my mind when someone comes along and leads me to feeling like I am something less than what I really am. Dave is one of those people and the sweatshirt is a tangible item that I can put on myself and actually feel the strength that he and my other friends give me.

Tonight I was feeling the need to get a little power back. I put on the sweatshirt and I am stronger. I will not settle for less than I deserve. I will always remember where I come from and the people that give me strength. Everybody needs to have their own PTS sweatshirt...it's a very powerful feeling.

Thanks Dave!

No comments:

Post a Comment