Monday, July 6, 2009

Gearing UP!

Yesterday I met with "The Man", "The Guru", "The Dr.", "Coach"...my friend, Dave. I have been dreading competition season. I just haven't felt ready to gear up and get focused on another show. Hanging out with Dave yesterday was just what I needed. It helps that he is going to do the showS too. It's always nice to know that someone else is out there suffering and driving in the same way. I am lucky not only that I have the best, most knowledgable coach on the planet (save it, Dave, I get to think what I want to think) but he is also my friend, who has offered me some amazing support and good advice over the time I've known him.

As I mentioned in a previous post, I needed Dave to whip up a diet plan for me. I've just been sort of fumbling on my own. I'm at a point in life right now where I could do it if I wanted, but mentally I have so much going on right now that it's much easier to just have someone else do it for me and tell me exactly what to eat and when. And the best part is that after working together for the spring shows, Dave knows my body and knows how it works. So I know this diet will work.

I know there is at least one person out there wondering..."so what is this new magic diet?" Ah, but that's the big secret! :) I never tell my diet specifics - but it is a LOT of protein, pretty high calories and a decent amount of carbs. Although, I'm already pretty upset about losing a little of my morning oatmeal. I'm pretty lucky: I get to eat a lot and my metabolism is crazy fast, so I don't have to suffer as much as some others do.

Let's see...Guru says...need bigger arms, need bigger chest (haha...yeah, seriously). So, I will continue to work arms a couple days a week and I'll do some incline dumbell presses at a 20% incline to work my upper chest.

I have renewed enthusiasm to hit it HARD in the gym!!! Thanks Coach!

No comments:

Post a Comment