Thursday, June 11, 2009

Friends

I have discovered something I guess I always knew to be true: You learn a lot about your friends in your times of crisis.

Some friends are tried and true and are there as a rock 24/7 and it turns out, that other friends, who you thought were those "rock" friends really aren't so much.

I have been amazed at how my friends who I already knew were my rocks have stepped it up a notch and given me more support and more love than I ever thought possible. I went out with one of those friends last night and during our conversation I realized that without those "rock friends" I would not have had the strength to do what I needed to do. I am incredibly lucky to have these friends in my life who give me so much love and support that I feel like I can do anything!

To all my friends who have delivered flowers to my door, helped with my kids, given me a place to sleep, played "psychologist" with me, drank and laughed or listened to me cry, scream or vent. Who text me at 5am every morning to give me a dose of power. The friends who message me in Facebook and remind me of who I am and what I am capable of accomplishing. To all of my "rocks"...thank you from the bottom of my heart. My gratitude for you all runs deep!

No comments:

Post a Comment