Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Post Competition Woes

Well, it's been 3 days now and I'm afraid to step on the scale again today. Saturday morning I weighed in at 132lbs and the last two mornings I have tipped the scale at 141lbs!!!! Yikes! I talked to Ty (the trainer we met at Thai Bistro on Saturday) last night and he thought the weight gain was simply due to the mexican food on Saturday night, so that was reassuring. After all, it would be nearly impossible to gain a real 9lbs of fat and stuff over night. I am convinced that my crazy diet of salted green beans and white fish (giving me a whopping total of 700 calories a day!!!!) and then bag after bag of rice cakes on Friday really messed with my metabolism.

I met with Derek yesterday to discuss streamlining my training and nutrition and having only ONE person advise me on the both. He is on board with that, especially considering that we both think I don't need to do a severe cutting diet in the last couple weeks as some athletes do. I am back on 2500 calories this week even in preparation for the Northwest Championships on the 18th. Tomorrow I will get the "official" diet plan for the next couple weeks, but in the meantime I am enjoying my oats and brown rice. :)

In reviewing the pictures of the competition, I really see how small and skinny I look next to the other girls. Obviously I don't have time to get much bigger before the show on the 18th, but I think over the winter months and the holidays I can put on 5lbs at least of lean muscle mass. A little pumpkin pie to my shoulders, a little sweet potato casserole to my ass....if only it worked that way. :) I definitely have my work cut out for me, which I suppose is a good thing. What else would I do in the gym if I was already perfect. ;)

I'm off to do shoulders and traps this morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment