Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Bulking Up!

I'm turning into a new leaf, as a dear young friend of mind used to say. This week begins the bulking phase of my diet and training as I gear up for spring competitions: Vancouver Natural followed by Emerald Cup. I plan to come in bigger, SOLID, lean and mean!!!

I confess, these last two days I've been bulking in a "dirty" way. Bad, bad, bad. But heck, it is October and I'm surrounded by Candy freakin' Corn! What's a girl to do?! I did manage to keep Dairy Queen at bay although I really think I deserve to indulge after the crappy diet Ashley had me on for so long. I was malnourished for goodness sake! Nothing a little Blizzard can't cure. ;)

Seriously, though, today begins the clean bulk. Lots of food, all of it clean. My plan is to ramp up gradually to 4000 calories a day, hold that for about 2 weeks and then gradually come back down to 3000 on training days, 2500 on non-training days. I won't be spinning for a few months...yeah, yeah, I know there are hearts breaking over that one. My cardio plan is 20 minutes 3 times a week MAX. As D SLY likes to say, I can take a walk in the park. And of course I will walk uphill thru that park the whole way. :)

I'm definitely in a better place mentally now than I was on Sunday morning. I can see what I need to do to improve my physique and should definitely have fun eating thru the holidays to help get there. Hey, pumpkin pie could be made "clean", couldn't it? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment