Monday, September 26, 2016

Deliver Me...please!

How often have you prayed, in the middle of a crisis: Lord, please please deliver me from this storm. This is too much for me and I just can’t take it anymore….?

Personally, that is a prayer I used to pray all. the. time. Just get me out of here Jesus! Sometimes in life it just seems like the storms keep rolling in one after another after another and really, you just want deliverance from the madness. 

One of the things I have learned along my journey is that Jesus usually never just “delivers” us from our situation but he does walk with us through it and that is what so many of us fail to recognize in the middle of the storm. 

You see, God uses the storm, the challenges, when he needs us to grow. The longest storm of my life lasted years. It was an event that forever changed my life and things will never be the same. But after at least of year of wallowing and feeling like a victim and not knowing how to carry on and wondering why, if God is real, wasn’t he delivering me from this? I realized that God was working on me. He wanted to change me - my heart, my mind, my spirit. 

And that is when I surrendered. Surrendered my own ideas of how my life should go and realized that my plan was nowhere in the vicinity of being in alignment with God’s plan and until I came to terms and surrendered to that, I was going to stay stuck. 

When I came to the understanding that challenges and setbacks are what God uses to grow me, it completely shifted my perspective. I realized that each setback was a growth challenge for me…”Okay, God, what do you want me to learn here? I know you are throwing this my way to use it somehow for good, so let’s do this. You and me.” 
When I got to the point where I could see these challenges as having a greater purpose than just delaying my life from moving forward and frustrating me to no end, I am able to embrace them. Partnering with God gives you a strength and a peace that is impossible when you try to go it without Him. 
God has a purpose for each obstacles he puts in your life. Everything He does is for our greater good…even when we can’t see it. That is why we must have faith and know that he’s got it handled. 

It’s handled. There’s so much peace in that. 


No comments:

Post a Comment