Friday, September 4, 2015

Blessed By Wounds

One of the first things I read this morning was this Rumi quote:


I have been thinking about this dark and light thing a lot this week. The change in the weather has brought clouds in every morning this week but what I noticed each  morning is that if I looked for it, if I actually focused and looked for it, somewhere I would be able to see a crack, an illumination, behind the clouds the reminded me the light is still there. The light is always there, no matter how dark and stormy it gets, the sun is always there behind the clouds, waiting to shine again. 

It has taken time for me to see just how much the pain that I've gone through in my life in the last several years is going to be a huge blessing to me...and to others. There are always things in life that hurt us and we have a choice if we are going to let it make us bitter or make us better. I have always wanted to help others and now I know that the experiences I've been through will be an enormous help to others. But the thing is - we have to choose to rise up and turn the hurt into a blessing. It doesn't just happen when we sit by passively. We have to work for it. 

I have encountered so many people in recent weeks who are really facing dark, challenging times. They are discouraged and feeling broken. Not a single one of us is immune to life's struggles and everyone is dealing with something difficult and painful. Don't get stuck in the darkness. Remember that the sun is always behind the clouds, waiting to shine again...when it's time. 

The light shines in the darkness and the darkness can never extinguish it. John 1:5 NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment