Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Accepting Happiness

I was thinking the other day - I've been dealing with my current situation for so long now that it feels
"normal". Struggle is what I know. Enduring through extraordinarily challenging times is everyday life. I'm not alone, many people go through really hard times that drag on for months and even years as in my case. It's hard not to become defined by the struggle. The struggle consumes you and requires so much of your energy and focus. 

For so long, it's been all about the struggle. In faith, I keep going because I know that God has blessings for those who persevere and do not give up. I want those. I believe in the blessings. But what happens when the blessings start coming?

For me, this has been an interesting shift. When the blessings come will we be ready? The thought of the blessings are what keep us going on our darkest of days but as we start to see them come to fruition, is it too good to believe? 

This is what I've been trying to wrap my head around lately. And I guess mostly, I've come to the conclusion that we need to not overthink it but simply receive the blessings. When I try to rationalize it, it all seems too good to be true...those things that were hoped for and believed in faith for actually start becoming reality. This is how it's supposed to work.  I know that, as a believer I know that this is how it all works. 

Accepting happiness when struggle has defined you, is a process. I think that accepting happiness and blessings is just as much a test of faith as is walking through the struggle and persevering during the hardest times of life. I think accepting happiness and allowing it to just "be" requires huge faith. To allow yourself to have a happiness that is almost beyond comprehension is not easy. It requires you to push fear aside and have the courage to receive. 

No comments:

Post a Comment