Friday, May 27, 2011

My 100 Gratitudes

An article from Heal Your Life came across my Facebook news feed this morning: "Your 100 Gratitudes". It piqued my interest...I have a lot to be grateful for, so I was curious to see what this was all about.

"“One Hundred Gratitudes” is a journal exercise that invites you to reflect on your life, from past to present, and to record 100 entries of pure appreciation and thanksgiving. The goal is to compile a list of 100 experiences, relationships, places, people, books, songs, pieces of art, events, adventures, and other moments that you are truly grateful for. These “One Hundred Gratitudes” add up to one great big “Thank You” for the miracle of existence. It is like a thank-you letter to God."


After just this first paragraph, I'm know I'm definitely down with this...right up my alley. And after reading the article in its entirety, I was 100% sold! I decided that there is no time like the present to compile my list of "100 Gratitudes". So, this Memorial Day weekend, while the kids are gone and my gym is closed, I will be making my list, my thank you letter to God and I will share it with you as I go. I can't really say how it will flow out of me or if it will make any sense, but if nothing else, hopefully it will inspire at least one person to do the same exercise.


I'll be back tomorrow with my first posting of gratitudes!

No comments:

Post a Comment