Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Gettin' After It!!

The quest to keep losing water weight and fat continues! Today's workout was killer and intense. Finished off my back workout with some HIIT on the step mill and treadmill.

Step mill: 20 minutes, speed intervals - 40 seconds level 17, 40 seconds level 10
Treadmill: 10 rounds of 30 seconds at 10mph, 30 seconds off (completely off)

It was a great sweat session, maxing out the heart rate at 178!!! Finished off the intervals with 15 minutes on the eliptical. I kinda couldn't help myself...my tank top wasn't completely soaked yet, so had to finish it off.

I'm not training my lats heavy right now. Today's workout did not include any wide grip exercises. Tried to focus mostly on rhomboids and just light weight on the more lat-focused exercises.I kept my rests to 45 seconds max and 30 seconds for unilateral exercises.

Close Grip Lat Pull Downs 4 x 10
Hammer Strength Hi Row (1 arm at a time) 4 x 12
Hammer Strength Low Row 4 x 12
Single Arm Dumbell Row 4 x 8

Finished off with EZ Bar curls...10 sets of 10 with 30 seconds rests between sets. I suppose I should also note that weights were (as always) before cardio. I am going to sleep like a baby tonight...and no morning clients so I'm going to sleep in too!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment