Monday, August 4, 2008

Who's Idea Was This Anyway??!!

I am less than 8 weeks away from my first-ever figure competition...the NPC Washington State Ironman. Since 1999 I have thought it would be really fun (?) to compete in some sort of fitness/bodybuilding competition. After running my fair share of races and leaning myself out to the body of a greyhound, I got turned on to weight training by Mike Marinez, sometime around 1999. And as is typical of me with things I like, I got hooked, and fast.

Well, nearly 10 years has past and I've added a husband and 3 kids to my life and it just seems like now is the time for me to compete. So, I mulled it over while sipping on rum and diets in Jamaica and decided to hit it hard and really go for it when I got back (12 weeks out from competition.)

So here I am in full-on training mode. Eating bland fish, chicken and crappy veggies day in and day out, training twice a day and feeling more tired than I did being 37 weeks pregnant with twins (okay, maybe not that tired). It seems almost every day I wonder: "who's idea was this whole competition thing, anyway?" Oh yeah, it was mine. When I look in the mirror and see the rapid changes in my physique I am motivated to carry on, keep training and eat yet another beautiful, leafy, green piece of spinach! Okay, ew!

I decided to start this blog so that my friends and family can follow me along the way to my first figure competition. As much as this seems "all about me", it would be impossible without the support of my family and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment